Saturday 27 February 2016

HUGE Haul

Last month I made a massive decision and that was to leave college, I think I might do a post on why I left and what happened afterwards because this year I want my blog to be slightly more personal rather than focusing on beauty, but anyway I left college and I got my first ever job. I am working full time in Boots and I have been since the beginning of December and I absolutely love it. I got my first payday last week and of course I went out shopping, I may have gone slightly overboard spending nearly half my wages but I was very excited to finally be paid after nearly a month and a half of working there. I wasn't going to do this haul, I'll be honest, I was scared of coming across like I was bragging about what I got but I just thought I'm not doing this to show off, I just want to share with you the things that I picked up and who doesn't love a good haul?!

The first place I shopped at was Topshop, this was an online purchase made at around 2:30am when I realised I had been paid. I have had things in and out of my Topshop bag for around the last month just sitting there waiting until I got paid so I could buy them and finally when I was I just couldn't wait any longer and I literally made my order as soon as I got paid. So the first couple things I picked up were some sweatshirts, I got this NASA sweater by Tea and Cake which was £32, it probably sounds really silly but the thing that made me want this was because of the detail on the back, I love that it's really simple on the front and then you turn around and there's an image on the back, I just think it looks really cool. Then I got another sweater as well and this one is the Mono Colour Block Sweatshirt, it's just a really simple black and white sweater and I love it. That was £28. Next I picked up a skirt that I had been eyeing up for a while, but it had been out of stock in my size for a while and finally it came back in stock. It's the petite Herringbone Jersey A-line skirt in the grey and it was £26. I'm not a big lover of skirts but I want to branch out with the clothes I wear and slowly try things that I wouldn't usually wear and I think this is perfect because you do have the options to dress it up and dress it down as well. Then I got Cord Pinafore Dress in the burgundy colour (£39), I love the look of this, it looks so nice to just throw on and be comfy. I think it's definitely more for autumn/winter but I will definitely be wearing it throughout spring as well since it is so nice. To wear underneath that I got the Ribbed Wool Blend Cropped Jumper, the model in the photos on the website actually wore these two together and I just thought it looked really nice together which is the main reason I got this but it will also be so easy to throw on with a pair of jeans and be good to go. This was £24. Next I got a new coat, it's the Jaxson Faux Fur Short Parka, it was in the sale down from £78 to £45 which I think was pretty good. I really like it and it's very casual. I got it in the navy blue colour. The last item I ordered from Topshop was a leather jacket, I don't actually own a leather jacket because I've never found one I loved but I saw this one and had to have it. It's the Faux Fur Collar Biker Jacket (£55), one of the main reason I love this is because the fur is detachable so I have two options on how I want to wear this which I like. I think a leather jacket is a staple wardrobe piece and I am so glad to finally have one which I love.

The online shopping at half past two in the morning didn't stop there, I went onto ASOS and ordered a few things, first was another scarf to go with the 1000s of scarves I own, it's the Oversized Scarf in Orange and Blue Check with Tassels, I really like this and I haven't got one like this so I picked it up, it was in the sale at half price from £18 to £9. I then got a hat, it's the Short Turn Up Beanie with a Pom Pom in the burgundy colour, this was also in the sale at £5.50. The last thing I got was just the simple Authentic Classic Black Mono Lace up Vans, they were £47 and I mainly got them to wear at work because they're comfy.

I decided that in my lunch break I would go out and pick up some things, the first place I went was Superdrug, there was a couple things from there that I knew I wanted anyway so I picked them up. I got two of the Zoella 'Favourite Things' beauty bags, you may be thinking why I got two and that was because I got one for myself and I was also feeling nice so I got my sister one as well. They were £8 each. I also got a couple of things to go in the little bag for my sister as well and they were a Makeup Revolution Oil Control Fixing Spray (£5) and a Cadbury Caramel egg which I also go one of them for myself because they were on a 2 for 90p offer. Then I got myself two lipsticks, one from theBalm which was theBalm Girls in the shade Mai Billsbepaid which is such a nice nude colour which I've used a couple of times and the formula is so comfortable on the lips. That was £13.49. The other lipstick was one I could not resist, it's the Ciate Olivia Palermo lipstick in the shade Praline, again this is a nude but it's a darker nude and I really like it. That was £19 which is pretty pricy for a lipstick but it's such a gorgeous colour I couldn't say no.

Then I went into Primark and surprisingly I didn't actually buy hardly anything from there, just two bits. They were just two of the 20 bulb Copper Mini Fairy Lights, one set was for myself and the other to go with the other things in the beauty bag for my sister. They were £2.50 each.

The last place I went to was the place where I work, Boots. I picked up three of the Garnier Micellar waters because they were on offer for £3 and also in the 3 for 2 on all skincare deal, I only paid £6 for all three which is good considering they are £4.99 when not on offer. I also picked up a new eyebrow product because I wanted to have a change from using my Maybelline 24 hour Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, I got the Soap and Glory Archery Brow and Tint pencil in the shade Brownie Points which may seem weird because I am blonde but I quite like a darker brow. That was £10. I then did pick up another Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe because I had run out of my last one and I do really like how it makes my brows look. That was £4.99. I then got two Benefit lip balms. One in the shade ChaCha Balm which I bought for myself because it's the only one I didn't own and the other shade I got was the Posie Balm which I also got to go in the beauty bag for my sister. They were £14.50 each. I then also picked up a nail polish from Barry M, this is in the shade Cappuccino which was £2.99. The biggest thing I got from there was the Gucci Guilty Black perfume, I will be doing a full review on this sometime in the future but everyday I have gone to work straight to the perfume counter and just sprayed myself with this, I love the smell, I got the biggest size which is the 75ml for £68.

That completes my haul, I can't believe I bought that much and spent that much money but I don't regret it one bit. I absolutely love everything and I'm so grateful that I now have a job which allows me to be able to go out and buy things I want. Again I just want to say I am not bragging in any way, I just want to share my new things with you guys. I hope you enjoyed reading this, if you got to the end that is! What have you been picking up recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment