Thursday 21 January 2016

2015 Favourites | Lipsticks


When it comes to lipsticks for me, I am very much someone who will stick to brands and formulas that I know I like so there isn't a huge variety in the ones that have stood out for me this year. Originally when going through my lipsticks to see which ones I had been loving all year round it was quite difficult narrowing it down, I did have about 14 different lipsticks in the list but I managed to cut that in half somehow to the ones I really have loved this year. The first of three L'oreal lipsticks is the L'oreal Color Riche in Blake's Red, this is probably my all time favourite red shade, I love it, it's not a bright red which is what I'm drawn to, it's more of a darker red which I think suits me and my skin tone better. It's a lovely matte shade which isn't too drying and it does last all day with minimal touch ups needed. The next in the trio of L'oreal lipstick loves is the L'oreal Color Riche in Julianne's Nude, this has been my go-to nude this year, it is more of a pink shade of nude but I love it, it goes really well with any make-up look and it's just the easiest lipstick to just throw on and complete a makeup look. Again the formula is so creamy and lovely to apply, this one though since it isn't matte I do find that you have to reapply a few times throughout the day but that doesn't bother me at all. the last L'oreal lipstick is the L'oreal Color Riche in 640 Erotique, I'm not quite sure what to describe this shade as, it's sort of a darker nude with I tinge of brown in it but then there's something else which I'm not sure what it is but there's something else. This is like the Blake's Red, it's a matte which isn't too drying, but you do have to reapply a couple times throughout the day since I find this one fades quicker than Blake's Red although I think that's probably more to do with the fact I'm a lot more careful when wearing a red lip because I'd rather not have it smudged all over my face whereas with a nude you wouldn't be able to tell. The next lipstick I have been loving is the Nars Audacious in Barbara, this was he first more expensive lipstick that wasn't a Mac one so it was really nice to try something a little bit different so I wanted to get a shade that wasn't like any I already had but also one that was really wearable as an everyday shade as well and I think I chose well considering I only had the Internet to research colours and swatches. It's a matte nude colour with sort of greyish undertones, it looks a lot different on the lips than it does in the bullet and swatches but it is still a really lovely shade. It's also matte which means it is a little bit more drying but I find its still quite creamy and easy to apply. I also love the packaging I think it's very sleek and I love that it's magnetic as well, I think it's really satisfying when it clicks shut. The Rimmel Kate 107 has been my favourite reddish berry shade this year, it was my go to throughout Autumn, it is so creamy and it feels so light on the lips that I don't feel that I have lipstick on, it almost feels like a lip balm. The Rimmel Kate 03 lipstick is the second Rimmel Kate lipstick I have loved this year, it's a lovely nude which is only slightly different to the other nudes I have mentioned but I thought I'd put it in because it's one I have worn regularly throughout the year, I definitely think you need a shade like this in your lipstick collection, it's just so easy to wear and looks great with all make-up looks. The last lipstick I have loved this year is Mac Twig, I got this in duty free when I went on holiday in August, I was toying between this and another which I can't remember the name of but I am so glad I got this one, it is sort of along the same lines as Velvet Teddy which I also do want but at the same time don't want purely because of the hype around this and the 'you only wear this because Kylie Jenner wear it' sort of vibe. I love this lipstick though, the shade is lovely and wearable, it's a dark nude brownish-pink colour and it's not matte although it is creamy although not a cremesheen, it's a satin. Again this looks great with most eye make-up looks and is definitely one you should try if you are looking for a new Mac lipstick.

What's been your favourite lipstick in 2015?

(if you see this I realise I labelled the L'oreal lipstick in '670 erotique' incorrectly, it is actually 640 but I couldn't be bothered to re-edit the photo so yes it's wrong I do realise)

No comments:

Post a Comment