Monday 27 July 2015

Travel Essentials

I'm going on holiday in just under two weeks time so I thought it would be a great idea to tell you my travel essentials for when I go on holiday. I'm going on a plane so obviously I won't have wifi so I can't spend the entire flight on twitter.. I would if I could but I can't so I'm going to need a few things to keep me entertained for a couple of hours. 

The first essential is headphones, I will want to listen to music for the majority of the flight so they are a must-have. I will be taking both overhead and in-ear ones because I don't know about you but having the same type of headphones on for a few hours at a time can start to give me a headache and that's the last thing I want when I'm on a plane. The next thing is chewing gum or some sort of chewy sweet, this is because when you take off and land if you're chewing on something your ears are less likely to pop and feel funny, sometimes they still pop but I find it's never as bad if you have something to chew on.


One thing I like to take on board is what I call a 'beauty bag' which is sort of where I keep all my bits and bobs that will keep me feeling clean and refreshed. So inside the bag I have a few makeup products because I don't like wearing makeup on the plane because it makes your skin feel so dry and gross so near the end of the flight I like to put on a bit of makeup to make myself look presentable. This would usually include concealer to cover up the dark circles under your eyes, a mascara to open up your eyes, a pencil eyeliner to define your eyes and a bronzer to put colour back into your face. To go with that I would also carry a couple of makeup brushes to help apply the products. Other things that I would include in my 'beauty bag' is hand gel to obviously keep your hands free from bacteria, a moisturiser to moisturise your skin as I mentioned before planes can really dry out your skin. I would also keep a deodorant (not tan aerosol can) and a rollerball perfume just incase you want smell a bit nicer and I would never board a flight without my trusty Carmex lip balm which I have loved since I can remember. It's so moisturising and it also smells amazing!


Other things that are essential for flying are cosy socks so your feet keep warm and snuggly, I would also take tissues because you never know when you'll need a tissue! I will also take the book which I am planning to read whilst I'm away incase I want to start it before I'm there. Sunglasses are a must to take in your hand luggage because even though you won't need them on flight if you're going somewhere hot and sunny when you get there you might need them, even if I know I'll be arriving during the night I would always pack sunglasses in my hand luggage so I know I've definitely got them and also because I might just want to get there and go straight to sleep without unpacking so they'll be ready for you in the morning when you have a wander around where you're staying before you do eventually unpack your things. The last essential that I always bring with me is my phone charger, this is sort of the same reason as the sunglasses but also I get really panicky if I think about losing my suitcase, I always have visions of it being put on the wrong flight or something and if one day it did get put on the wrong flight one thing that I would want from my suitcase is my phone charger because I am constantly checking twitter, constantly checking my blog stats, constantly checking instagram, etc.


So that is all my travel essentials that I would bring on a flight. What are your travel essentials? Are they the same as mine or would you bring something that maybe I haven't mentioned? 

No comments:

Post a Comment