Friday 17 July 2015

Max Factor Colour Intensifying Balm | Review

Max Factor are one of my favourite drugstore brands and whenever they come out with new products I am always eager to try them out. This time I'm reviewing the Colour Intensifying Balm and I have to say I really really like this, I have the colour Sumptuous Candy and the only thing that's stopping me getting the rest of them is the price. These retail at £8.99 which I think is a bit pricy for what they are, they are just like lip balms with extra staying power and don't get me wrong I do really really like these and the formula is great but I just haven't used it as much as I thought I would and I just wouldn't pay that much for something from the drugstore that I only use every so often. It might just be the colour that's not perfect for me so next time there's a 2 for £10 or a 3 for 2 offer in Boots I might pick up a couple of other shades and see what I think of them, you never know I might like them better.

I think the formula of these are fantastic, they are so creamy and soft and they honestly last for ages and when they do rub off they leave a stain on your lips which is great because you don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. I also really like the packaging, I love how Max Factor are slowly changing their packaging to black and gold which makes the products a lot nicer to look at and is great for displaying your makeup and obviously taking photographs of for your blog. One thing I have read about these is that they are apparently a dupe for the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Balm Perfectors which I can't say if they definitely are or not but just know that that's what I have read and if you have the Clarins option and you are looking for a cheaper alternative then check these out because they are great products. As I said at the beginning I do really like this product it's just not what I was hoping for exactly.




3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous shade, these sound lovely but maybe a bit overpriced!

    lillies and lipbalm

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do remind me of the Clarins version actually which I found too pricey so never bought them. I must check them out because the formula sounds lovely & you can't go wrong with the price (especially if they're on special offer). The shade you have is beautiful x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks stunning, I'm a big fan of lip stains so definitely want to try this out!

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete