Monday 11 May 2015

Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit

LIP PRODUCTS: Starting off with lips because they are my favourite out of a whole makeup look, so I am a lover of lipsticks and I couldn't pick just one formula so I've got a couple of choices, obviously if you're starting off you don't need one of each so don't feel like you have to get every single one. First is the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks, these are some of the nicest formulas and there is a colour for everyone in the collection. My favourites are 05 and 107. Next is the L'Oreal Color Riche lipsticks and again the formula of these are incredible. I also really like the Red and Nude collection of these and Blake's Red is my favourite shade. The Revlon Lip Butters are incredible, they're perfect for a natural look, maybe for school or something, my favourite shade is Berry Smoothie. My favourite lipglosses of all time are the Tanya Burr Lipglosses, the are not sticky at all and the pigmentation is incredible. I love every single shade but I have to say at the moment I am loving Picnic in the Park.


BASE PRODUCTS: The primer I have chosen to go in the starter kit is the Maybelline Baby Skin, I really like this and it's a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional which is great. My favourite drugstore foundation is the Rimmel Match Perfection, it's a light foundation which can be built up to add extra coverage and it's quite long lasting. I couldn't choose my favourite concealer so here's two, the Collection Lasting Perfection is great for covering up blemishes as opposed to the Rimmel Wake Me Up which is better for using under the eyes as it has tiny bits of shimmer running through it. To set all of that I like using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, it stops you face looking shiny and it helps prevent your foundation and concealer from sliding off your face.


EYE PRODUCTS: The cream eyeshadow that I love and always go back to is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze, it's a beautiful shimmery bronze shade which is perfect for your everyday makeup. The eyeshadow palette I love is the Makeup Revolution Essential Shimmers Palette, I mean all the Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palettes are beautiful but this one is my favourite. The eyeliner I love is the Topshop liquid liner, the applicator is quite long but really thin which makes it really easy to create the perfect line. The mascara I have chosen is the Maybelline The Falsies mascara, it honestly is one of my holy grail mascara's, I love it way more than a lot of the higher end ones, it's amazing.


FACE PRODUCTS: These are the finishing touching products, they aren't all really necessary but I love using them. The eyebrow product I have gone for is a Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, you may think this is weird as it's supposed to be used as a eyeshadow but I think the colour would suit anyone with dark blonde or light brown hair. A brow gel I am loving is the Rimmel Brow This Way. The blusher I love is the Makeup Revolution Blushing Heart in Peachy Pink Kisses, it's the perfect natural blush shade that can also be used as a highlighter for the top of your cheekbones. You do have to be careful applying this though as it is quite shimmery and it's very easy to accidently apply too much. The bronzer I have chosen is The Body Shop Honey Bronzer, it's a very natural bronzer but it's incredible at bronzing up your complexion and making you look like you have a tan. The highlighter I love it the Superdry Liquid Highlighter, it's a bit like the Benefit High Beam which is great because it's a cheaper product and it does nearly the same thing.


2 comments:

  1. I love the Stay Matte powder!


    saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these things, it'd all be a great starter kit! Most of these products are drugstore staples in my makeup collection, I just need to get one of the Makeup Revolution Blushing Hearts :)

    xx Susan | Growing Daydreams

    ReplyDelete