Wednesday 18 March 2015

Love Tanya | Review

Todays blog post is a little bit different, it's a book review. As you probably know a lot of youtubers have been bringing out their own books, for example Alfie, Zoe, Fleur and a few Americans. I have been watching Tanya for god knows how long so I was so excited to get to get and read her book. I know this review is a little late since the book has been out a couple of months already but I'm writing this in February okay, I have exams this year so I have to pre-write some posts! 

Honestly, this book is amazing! You can definitely tell how much work has gone into writing and putting this book together. Its inspiring and written with love and passion. It reflects what Tanya is about and I love how personal it is, especially the chapters on 'Growing Up'. She touches on pretty much everything in this book, from Baking to Makeup to Confidence. I can honestly say that I was that I was not disappointed by this book and out of all the youtubers books this one is by far my favourite!

I really love the fact that she's tried to make it interactive by giving us space to write notes on certain things, for example one of the notes pages says to 'List the top ten makeup looks you are inspired by at the moment' which is so nice because you can look back and see what you liked at that certain time and you can see if you still like that if you look at it in the future. I haven't actually written anything in there yet though, I'm too scared I don't want to ruin the book haha! Another thing I really love is that she lists her 'Top 10' on her favourite skincare or her nostalgic childhood memories etc. 

I really enjoyed this book, the layout and photo's are stunning and I think my favourite sections were the autobiographical ones. The ones about 'Growing Up', 'Love' and 'Confidence and Happiness' were probably the ones I most enjoyed out of them all. Every section was so well written and I can't find a fault for this book. I am so proud of how far Tanya has come and I definitely recommend this book to anyone who has any interest in beauty, skincare or lifestyle.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is on my birthday wishlist! I like this type of lifestyle books which you can just read on a relaxed Sunday afternoon while drinking a cup of coffee. I haven't had it in my hands yet but from what I've read and seen on pictures this is a great book!


    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is! Well, haven't met her in real life but in her videos she is always very lovely!


    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get this book! :)
    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete