Monday 2 February 2015

January Favourites

It has come to the end of January now and it's that time where I tell you about the things that I have been loving this month. Before I get into that though I just want to say that my January was alright, not the best but you can never have the best January when you are doing nothing but revising for you mock exams. Yep, I had three weeks worth of mock exams and they tired me out so much, I'm so glad they're finally over!


My first favourite I'll be talking about is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze, this is such a nice shimmery colour, that's not so shimmery it's overpowering, it's like the pefect amount! It is so easy to apply and takes literally no time at all so it's perfect! I have done a review post on the Maybelline Color Tattoo's which I posted earlier on in the month if you'd like to see a more detailed review of this. 

Next is the Maybelline Color Elixir in Petal Plush, I have never tried this before this month and I was in Superdrug on New Years Eve and I picked it up because I remember Fleur from Fleurdeforce and Shannon from Shaaanxo talk about them and really like them. I only picked up one because I had never tried them before but I'm definitely making another trip to Superdrug because these are so nice. They are really creamy and pigmented, and I really like the applicator you use to apply it onto your lips, it makes it so quick and easy. I can't wait to try some more!

I am really loving my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette this month, I have been using it on top of the Mayebelline Color Tattoo that I mentioned earlier when I wanted a heavier look and I have also worn it on it's own. The pigmentation is lovely as you probably all know because who doesn't own a Naked palette these days? Anyway my favourite colours have been: Booty Call, Tease and Snakebite.

I have also been loving the Garnier Micellar Water, I had stopped using this for a while because towards the end of the year I just got lazy so I started using some Johnsons make-up wipes which did make my face really soft but I decided I wanted to get back into taking my make-up off properly and start using my Micellar Water and I'd forgotten how nice it was, it takes my make-up off so easily without having to scrub my eyes really hard to get my mascara off. Only thing about this is it is a little drying but I moisturise so it's fine!

The next thing I have been loving is a lipstick combo, this is the Rimmel Kate Lipstick in 03 and the Urban Decay Lipgloss in Liar, they are both really nice nude shades and go really nicely together. I really like the Urban Decay lipgloss over the top of the Rimmel Kate one because I find the Rimmel one dries my lips out really quick and having a lipgloss over the top of it lets me have a perfect nude colour lip without it being drying.

I don't know if a lot of people know that Superdry do make-up but I was in there a few months ago with my Dad because he was getting something and I wondered over to where the make-up section was and I saw their Liquid Highlighter, it looked really pretty from the bottle and it's a sort of light pink shimmery colour and I tried it on the back of my hand and it looked absoloutely gorgeous so I had to get it. It blends out really nicely and it's quite subtle and natural but you can obviously put more on to make it less subtle.

I definitely feel that a lot of people underestimate Topshop for their make-up but I am really loving it at the moment. I am using the Topshop Liquid Eyeliner in Black Cab for a couple of months now and I can honestly say that this is the easiest out of anything I've ever tried to apply, the brush is lovely because it's so thin which gives a precise, thin line which you are able to build up to how you would like it. The lasting power is amazing, I can rub my eyes and it won't budge which is great! I have purchased 2 of these since I started using it and the only reason for that was because I knocked the bottle bit over and the liquid went all over me and my makeup desk! It was not fun to clean up but I will continue buying this until I find something I like better,

I have really been loving the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, this is my favourite brush for applying light coverage foundation, it leaves a great finish and buffs my foundation in very well with minimal effort. I also quite like to use this to do a bit of contouring because it's a nice shape that fits in perfectly with where I want to contour. I think this was one of the brushes that I didn't think would be as good as any of the other Real Techniques brushes but I'll admit I was wrong. As all the other Real Techniques brushes this one is so soft and dense.

The next thing I have been loving is something that so many people talk about and love. It is of course Pretty Little Liars. I have been watching this for so long, since the beginning of last year and when it was put on Netflix I couldn't resist but start rewatching it again. So I am all caught up and am waiting for the new episode next Wednesday and I can't wait! Who do you think 'A' is? I have a few suspicions! 

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how similar our makeup taste is?! I love the Naked2 palette, garner micellar water, Maybelline colour tattoo, expert face brush and PLL! This is a great post :) glad I found your blog xx

    leah-talks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to get that naked palette!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garnier micellar water is one of my favourites! So good at removing makeup - and so afforable!

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Urban Decay eyeshadows!

    boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk
    Kamila x

    ReplyDelete