Saturday 3 January 2015

December Favourites

As you can see the month of December is coming to a close and of course the end of the month only means one thing; a December favourites! I have really enjoyed my December mainly because of the fact that it was CHRISTMAS! Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year and I love spending time with my family that I maybe don't see as often as I can. I had a lovely christmas this year, I woke up Christmas morning at my mum's house and we went downstairs and opened all our lovely presents, then a bit later on my Grandma and Grandad came round and we exchanged presents with them. We then had some nibbles and snacks and at about 1ish in the afternoon my dad picked me up and we went to my Auntie and Uncles, which my other grandparents were there as well as our cousins. We had dinner and opened even more presents! I am so happy with everything I got I love love love it all! I hope you had as good a Christmas as I did and got everything you wanted.

So the first thing I have enjoyed this month is the time when we can whip out the box of Quality Streets (which by far is my favourite box of chocolates you can get) My favourites in there are the Strawberry and Orange Creams, now a few years back I NEVER used to like them, but now I can't get enough, my mum had to go out and buy a second box of Quality Street just so I could have the Strawberry and Orange Creams. I tried to find out if you could buy them seperately but you could only get the Strawberry ones which I was disappointed in because I love the Orange ones too. I did get a giant Strawberry though as a stocking present from 'Santa' haha. I was so happy, it had nearly 40 Strawberry Creams in it.

The next thing I have been loving is the Body Shop Argan Oil Body Lotion, it smells delicious and is so creamy and moisturising. It makes my skin so smooth after using it and you need the tiniest amount as it goes such a long way so hopefully it will last me a long time!

Now the Tangle Teezer is very popular with the blogging community, I know very few people who haven't got one. I had stopped using mine for a couple of months as I just forgot about it, but during the month of demeber I have gotten back into using it and I'm now wondering why I had ever stopped! I don't think I need to write tooo much saying how wonderful it is because you probably all already know how good it is. Btw, if you haven't got one you're missing out big time and you need to stop what you're doing right now and go and get one!

I only got the Daisy Dream perfume by Marc Jacobs for christmas from my Grandma and Grandad, but ever since I have not gone 1 day without wearing this perfume, I loove it! I am so bad at describing smells, but I've looked it up and it has top notes of blackberry, fresh grapefruit and succulent pear, and it smells so fresh and fruity. The only thing is that you definately have to re-apply it throughout the day as the smell fades quite quickly, but the bottle, the bottle is gorgeous! Honestly, even if the perfume smelt awful I would buy it just because the bottle is so nice, it reminds me of summer!

Another thing I have been loving this month is The Body Shop Argan Oil lip balm, this stuff has been my lipsaver! As always, with the cold weather my lips get very dry and cracked but I started using this and it's so moisturising, it makes my lips so soft and smooth. I don't think I've ever had a lip balm that's been this good! The only thing is I hate little tubs of lip balm, because I really don't like putting my finger in it, it makes my fingers so greasy. I always like to stick to lip balms that are in the twisty tube things, but I'll make an exception for this one as it's so good!

My go-to lipstick this month is the Max Factor Colour Elixir in English Rose, it really does moisturise your lips whilst giving you colour on your lips as well. It's the perfect colour for everyday wear as it does add some natural colour, but the thing I love about it is it's got a sort of metallic/frosty finish so it's perfect to wear at this time of year especially as it's cold, wintery weather.

Another lipstick I have been wearing is the Tanya Burr Limited Edition Lipgloss in Mistletoe Kisses, I really love that you can wear this with one coat for everyday wear but you can also build it up with a few coats to this lovely bright, red colour that stands out more that if you just apply one coat. It also has this slight sparkle to it which looks really nice on the lips. As all the other Tanya Burr lipsticks, this is not a lipgloss that is annoying and sticky which is nice.

I'm not one for changing up my mascara's very often, and I bought the Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express in 100% black a while before I started using it, but I have to say this is up there as one of the best mascara's I have ever used! It makes my lashes look natural but it lengthens and volumises. It just makes my lashes look amazing!

Okay the only item of clothing in this favourites post is my Topshop jumper, I love the panels going down the front of the jumper and I love the fact it sort of crops at the front and is shorter than the back of the jumper, I think it really suits me and my figure, as it doesn't drown me out, which I tend to get with jumpers that are oversized. I got this in a size 12, and it's the perfect fit, I am usually a size 6-8, and I think if I got this in a size 6/8 then I would definitely not love it as much as I do. Before I got this I was reading the reviews on the Topshop website and a lot of people were saying that it's itchy and scratchy but I don't find it itchy or scratchy one bit and if I did I would get a long sleeve top to wear underneath it, simple solution! Also, whenever I wear this I always get so many compliments from my friends saying how nice it is which is really lovely.

Obviously December being the month with Christmas, you cannot go without an advent calendar to count down to Christmas, the one I got this year was the red Lindt chocolate with the big bear one which you get on the 24th. I have loved being able to have a piece of Lindt chocolate everyday of the month up until the 25th, and if I'm honest I do really miss it, I really want to have an advent calendar for every month of the year, that would be perfect! I have not included this in the photo above because I'd eaten all the chocolates from it and I'd already put it in the bin by the time I wrote this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment